Welcome to the Webmatrices Forum!
And thanks for joining us! We're excited about Webmatrices, and are always happy to meet people who feel the same way. We want everyone to get the most out of Webmatrices and the Webmatrices community, so we ask that you please read and follow these guidelines. And enjoy your visit here!
Looking for Private Helps?
You've come to the right place! But keep in mind that Webmatrices hates unexplained and unnceccessary discusions. Make your questions lengthy upto minimum 150 words.
Private Help is provided to users who want to learn new things and also teach others with their experience.
Concerning to English skills?
Extremely bad and un-readable discussion will be deleted immidiately. But normal readable discussions/questions will be edited by Mods/Admins.
Make Yourself Heard
Want to start a new discussion? First, be sure to search similar issue and follow all the steps that are explained in already existed discussions. Then spend some time browsing the forum, familiarize yourself with the tag system, and do a few searches for keywords related to your topic: it could be someone has already started a discussion about it!
Concerning discussion title and content
Make your title length must be upto minimum 7 words and your content should be upto 90 words. Discussion violating this rule will be immediately removed.
When you're sure you're ready to start a discussion, please keep the following points in mind:
- Give it a good title! You'll get the best results if your title makes it clear what you want to talk about.
- Choose the right tag(s). This will increase the likelihood your post will be read and answered promptly.
- Don’t post repeatedly about the same topic, as doing so will tend to have the opposite effect.
- If not using a tag set aside for multilingual use, post in English only. We can't help if we can't read you!
- Remember, you don't need to sign your posts. We've got your profile to let us know who you are.
- Please make the effort to help us keep things organized. Time spent tidying up is time that we can't spend getting to know you, discussing your issues, and talking about Webmatrices. And that, after all, is what we're all here to do!
Make Your Reply Count
You're taking the time to participate in a discussion, in the hope that others will read your ideas and take them into consideration. So why not make the effort to make your reply worth reading?
Try to write a well-explained reply so that one who is reading it can easily understand it.
Things to remember
- Ask yourself if your reply adds to the discussion. If it doesn't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Avoid making one-word posts just to agree with someone; you can use the "Like" link for that.
- Avoid making multiple posts in a row when one would suffice. This is a forum, not a chat room.
- If your reply is likely to divert the course of the discussion, consider starting a new discussion instead.
- If you just want to post a bit of nonsense as a test, please do it in the Test Posting tag instead.
- Make sure your replies provide constructive feedback and support to allow for an inclusive community.
- No one's going to complain about the occasional joke or smart remark. We like to keep the mood light! But to keep things productive, as well, we ask that you try to avoid derailing a discussion altogether.
Above All, Be Cool!
We're all here to talk about Webmatrices, and to work together toward making it an even better application. Criticizing ideas (by means of reasoned arguments, of course) is an important part of that. But let's not get carried away and devolve into personal attacks, because negativity only gets in the way. We also ask that you avoid the following:
Offensive, spamming and sexual discussions/topics
- Offensive or abusive language, as well as any kind of hate speech
- Posts intended to harass, impersonate, or defame others
- Unnecessary deletion of posted content
- Attempts to abuse or expose the private information of others
- Obscene or sexually explicit content
- Spam, phishing posts, and any actions intended to deface this site. Do not post the same or similar links multiple times.
- Obfuscating a link's true destination, for example with the use of link shorteners
- Discussion of software piracy and similar topics
- All the above are grounds for moderator action. If you have an issue with another member, we ask that you please don't confront them yourself. Please just use the Report command on the post in question, then leave it up to the staff to deal with the situation.
Date of application of these rules
These rules will be applied immediately after the submission of the post. The older posts, discussions and replies won't be harmed with this rule but the new post after the application of these rules will be affected.
Our moderators may edit or delete any content that is offensive or disruptive to the flow of communication. Serious or repeated offenses may lead to suspension of the offending user's account. So, you know, be cool. 😎
User not accepting these rules will be immediately suspended.